Managing the Property
Why is Management of the Property so Crucial?
Managing your property successfully is vital as buying a property is a huge investment. If done right, property will increase in value over time. This is where we come in.
Many people think it is simple to find a tenant and get some rent coming in. Unfortunately it’s not. Tenancy law is very complex and has to be done correctly. If not, you will leave yourselves wide open for abuse.
Furthermore, the wrong tenant can cause properties to plummet in value and limit rental potential once they move out.
Top 5 tips for Managing Your Property
- Practice good property maintenance
- When finding Tenants use a reputable Letting Agent who is registered with ARLA
- Ensure that the Agent has a suitable Tenancy Agreement and thoroughly references the prospective tenant
- Complete a thorough Inventory prior to the tenant moving in. Additionally, routine inspections should take place throughout the term of the tenancy
- Follow check out procedures. For more information, please read our Lettings Guidelines.